Ampcontrol electronics team offers customers in the mining, tunnelling, infrastructure, utilities and energy sectors the benefit of combined engineering and technology capabilities in the areas of product development, system integration, process control, reporting technology and network solutions.
Ampcontrol is undergoing a growth and diversification phase adopting new and disruptive technologies to achieve current and future goals. This opportunity will provide the successful applicant the chance to be an instrumental part of architecting and implementing innovative software strategies.
We are looking for an experienced “full stack” software engineer with a creative and flexible attitude based in Cameron Park. Many of the project applications require integration and interfacing with embedded computing platforms developed by our embedded software engineers.
The opportunity is for a developer with broad technology expertise, one who knows which architecture, language or framework is the right one to use in a variety of situations. The opportunity is to create a fast paced, highly agile and test driven environment working in a collaborative and cross functional team to build and maintain enterprise grade applications. It will be expected that various programming languages and frameworks will be used as well as participation in all phases of the development lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
You will provide software conceptual, technical, architectural and development guidance for new and existing full stack applications. You will be required to work and collaborate with multi-disciplined engineering activities ranging from early R&D, product development, product management, deployment, support and continuous improvement.
You will be working closely with other talented engineers, managers, suppliers, production and planning departments, you will strive for development outcomes that are of a very high standard whilst meeting budget, quality and customer specified requirements.
The key areas you will be accountable for are:
- Requirements analysis, Use Case generation and software architecture concept design for new products and solutions
- Coordinate and integrate UX design, Offshore Programming Subcontractors, Internal Software Systems & Tools
- Research and propose new tools, methods, techniques and innovations for software and product development
- Research and Propose new deployment architectures for online solutions incorporating Public and Private Cloud XaaS Solutions and so on.
- Collaborate with multidiscipline engineers for the development of products and application solutions
- Provide training and trainee mentoring
- Degree qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Double degree which in addition to the above also incorporates Computer, Electronic or Electrical Engineering or Mathematics – advantageous
Essential Skills and Experience
- Fundamental OOP concepts and techniques
- LAMP and MEAN (or equivalents)
- Full Stack with at least one technology in each of the following:
1. System administration:
- Linux and basic shell scripting
- Cloud computing: Amazon, Rackspace, etc.
- Background processing: Gearman, Redis
- Search: Elasticsearch, Sphinx, Solr
- Caching: Varnish, Memcached, APC / OpCache
- Monitoring: Nagios
2. Web development tools:
- Virtualization: VirtualBox, Vagrant, Docker
- Version control: Git, Mercurial, SVN
3. Back-end tech:
- Web servers: Apache, Nginx
- Programming language: PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Go, Python
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, SQL/NoSQL/JSON in general
4. Front-end tech:
- HTML / HTML5: Semantic web
- CSS / CSS3: LESS, SASS, Media Queries
- Functional Reactive Programming
- Responsive design
- AJAX, JSON, XML, WebSocket
- Converting website design into front-end code
- Working knowledge of C & C++
- Software Leadership
- Well-developed personal communication skills with an ability to present technically complex information
- Ability to be agile and LEAN with a focus on outcomes
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Mobile technology including Android, iOS, Hybrid (Phonegap, Appcelerator) development
- Technical competence and/or knowledge in network architecture for industrial/operation applications
- IoT framework development and deployment
- E-commerce integration
- oAuth and security
- Experience in innovation, R&D and new product introductions