We are looking for an experience Electrical Estimator to join our centralised Sales & Tendering team in Tomago. You will be integral to Ampcontrol by keeping a pulse in the industry and providing solutions to ensure we remain competitive in all areas of MV-HV electrical projects, systems, overhauls, upgrades and service.
You will be exposed to multiple industries including mining (coal and metalliferous), power distribution, renewables and utilities.
You could be an experienced electrical estimator or a skilled engineer/technician looking to transition into estimating and project management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Through combining your technical knowledge and an ability to understand our customers’ needs your role is to provide estimating functions consisting of the preparation of budgets and tenders, liaising with customers, assisting with pre-engineering, performing/coordinating sales follow up and participating in progress reviews.
You will also perform a range contract management related functions including the preparation of files, order entry and invoicing, providing a range of guidance and assistance to internal parties and managing file maintenance in line quality requirements and customer specification.
Key challenges awaiting you will be developing your customer relationships to drive tender/estimate success rates and developing strong client relationships. As well as maintaining high quality and accuracy of tenders whilst ensuring compliance to budgets, contracts, standards and legislation.
YOU’LL NEED THESE TO SUCCEED
Your willingness to gets hands on in a fast paced electrical projects, design and manufacturing environment will be complemented by the following:
- Experience with electrical (LV-HV) plant, equipment and systems
- Demonstrated electrical estimating experience in specialized power projects in the mining, renewables and utilities markets
- Customer oriented approach with strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the preparation of professional quotes and tenders
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Highly organized and accurate
- Diploma, Certificate or Degree in Electrical Engineering – advantageous
- Electrical Trades qualifications – advantageous
Applications close 19 February