Type: Full time
Location: Tomago, NSW
We are looking for a dedicated Control Systems Engineer to join our Automation team based in Tomago.
This specialist Automation team offers Ampcontrol’s customers in the mining, tunnelling, infrastructure, utilities and energy sectors the benefit of combined engineering and technology capabilities in the areas of automation, process control and software technology for electrical solutions.
What You’ll Do
In a market that is changing, Ampcontrol Automation is setting a clear benchmark. Our solutions to engineering challenges give us an advantage that is hard to beat. As a Control Systems Engineer, your solutions for automation and control system network design will help drive that advantage.
The purpose of the Control Systems Engineer role is to design, implement, commission, modify and maintain automation control systems, control networks and related technology for Ampcontrol Automations’ customers and clients. Work will be divided between office based development, site based field service work and ad-hoc on-call support functions.
A significant part of your role will involve site based work throughout NSW and QLD.
You’ll Need These to Succeed
Your willingness to gets hands on in a diverse engineering environment will be complemented by the following:
- Safety as a core value
- PLC and SCADA programming skills (competency with Contrologix and Unity (PLC) then CitectSCADA, FactoryTalk View, ClearSCADA preferred)
- Solid understanding of industrial networking and bus systems
- Process control and automated systems knowledge
- Experience with electrical switchgear and control systems
- Exposure to control system network design for mining, industrial or power distribution sectors
Skills and expertise in networking (CISCO, Microsoft certifications), programming and project delivery will be advantageous.
- Electrical or Electronic trade certificate
- Diploma – Degree qualifications in Electrical/Electronic/Computer or Mechatronic Engineering advantageous